Monday, January 19, 2009

Quotable Sunday 1/18/2009

Before I get started as always the rules:
~Post one or more of your favorite quotes on your blog
~Go to A Daily Dose of Toni sign mister linky with your blog name and use your quote post.
~Check back all day to go visit and leave comment love on all the other participating quoters :).

I am dreadfully late today on Quotable Sunday, in fact, it is now 1:07am on Monday.
BUT I AM HERE....

It's the thought that counts right? I'm fashionably late.. ~blush~

This week, is about food. Why? Because it is 1:07am, and I'm hungry. I lost 4.9 pounds this week and I'm celebrating, by thinking about food!

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. ~Calvin Trillin (1935 - )
~My children will say this about crockpots. I can make a meal every night that that thing.. I blame The Crockpot Lady. She is fully responsible for my crockpot addiction. Last night I made crockpot fried chicken drumsticks. OMG it was good! But I digress!~

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. ~Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )
~As tempting as it is not to eat when you are dieting, you must eat! So eat carefully, be waring of serving size. Five banana's foster dove chocolates, are 200 calories. Wanna know how I know? Because I looked, before I ate them.. It's all about serving size!!~

Food is the most primitive form of comfort. ~Sheila Graham
~When a fed child falls asleep in your arms WITH the bottle/nipple in their mouth, you realize the truth in this statement. A full tummy creates a safety to that little one. It never changes for us. When do you feel more fullfilled ... When you are dieting, or when you are falling asleep in front of the TV right after Thanksgiving dinner, your hand partially down the front of your pants to keep them off your growing belly? Yep... it's a comforting thing!~


If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. ~J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)
~This had to have been written for the Hobbits. Their ideas of second lunch, third breakfast and evening dinners were amazing. They loved life, I can only hope to get as happy, round and content with myself as they all seem to be. I'll wait until I'm 50, but then... the kid gloves are off and I'm enjoying my bottles of wine, my decadent foods and the most exotic chocolates I can get my hands on. Until then... I'll be cautious of my intake, and find my merrier world in that!
Never eat more than you can lift. ~Miss Piggy
~Hey.. Miss Piggy was a big beautiful ... pig. And she got Kermit the Frog! He was funny, skinny and a great public speaker! I'm thinking there is something to the Miss Piggy diet... !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tee hee i love the miss piggy quote.