Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yule Party!

Tonight is the night of my annual Yule party.

I look forward to this every year because all of the gifts that are given are handmade. We spend all year thinking away what to make everyone and tonight it's do or die time. This year.. I made soaps with essential oils in them and herbs. Should be nice for everyone. Last year I made everyone pillows with specific essential oils and herbs in them. They smelled amazing.

We are adding a few new people to our celebrations this year. The first year it was just JC, the kids and I. Then we added G and Dan, and now, it's gone out to more friends, so this year it's a party.

We have:

Gingerbread Train for the kids to build
Oranges and Cloves for people to build



From A Year of Crockpotting ( I am addicted to this blog! All of these drinks will be done in the crockpot) (Pictures from A Year of Crockpotting)


Peppermint Hot Chocolate (With Peppermint Schnapps for the adults!)


Then, of course, the food. Ham, fruit and veggie trays, sweet breads and treats.

It should be a ton of fun.. however... Here I am sitting on my rump blogging about it instead of running to the store... I have to get out of here if I plan on getting ANYTHING done today!

I'll post pictures tonight!

Much love!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like fun. :)

Joanna said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I love the idea of home made items...That is awesome!!

Charlotte said...

Sounds like amazing fun! Those drinks look truly delish!

Court D said...

I can't wait to try the pumpkin spice one, that's my hubby's favorite!