Thursday, May 21, 2015

Schools End 2015


7 schools days * 1 week * 1 Monday, 2 Tuesdays, 1 Wednesday, 1 Thursday, 2 Fridays*
Until school is out for the 2014-2015 year.

Not that I am counting.


What am I looking forward to the most? Not planning for "sharing" on Mondays. Not setting out the kids clothes every night. No homework, panicked evenings if we have activities and no school lunch stresses.

Colorado, summer, river rocks
Kids at the River - Summer 2014

What am I NOT looking forward to? A messy house when I get home, kids that are covered in butter from popcorn snack and their hair looking like a robin decided to stow away in it.

I will handle all the "ick" for a relaxing evening. I want to come home, sit on the back porch with a cocktail and my husband while watching the kids play in the grass. I want to grill every night and spend the weekend in a remote spot in the Rockies camping with my family.

Hiking - Summer 2014

When summer comes to an end, I'll be ready for the schedule to get back to "normal". Until then... I am excited to embrace the warm weather, laughter and memories I see ahead.

What are your plans for Summer 2015?

1 comment:

Lindsey Lewandowski said...

We are looking forward to our summer vacation as well. We have a week and a half yet.