Monday, March 28, 2011

Banana Nutella Chimichangas


I was invited to host a Nutella party for Mommy Parties this past month and made a TON of different foods out of Nutella, things I would have never thought of had I not scoured the internet and done my research. This recipe was the hit of the party food I made! People took home some of these to feed their kids/husbands.


Next time I might put strawberries in them as well to give it an extra dimension. I’ve been craving them ever since…… Now I’m hungry.

Banana Nutella Chimichangas
(Thanks to Dessert for Two for the idea!)

Canola oil

2 flour tortillas (taco size)

1 banana

2 tablespoons of Nutella

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional but I highly advise it)

Chopped hazelnuts (about a handful) (optional)




Preparation:

*Heat the oil in a pan

*Mix cinnamon, cayenne and hazelnuts in a bowl

*Slice the bananas and put into the cinnamon mixture. Shake until the bananas are evenly coated

*Lay out tortillas, put one tablespoon of Nutella in the center of the tortillas but more to one side than the other.

*Put ½ of the banana mixture over the top of the Nutella.

*Roll the tortilla; make sure to tuck the sides in as you tightly roll so the contents don’t spill out as you fry them.

*Put a toothpick in the tortilla to hold it all together. (I use two toothpicks; it is okay to fry toothpicks.)

*Place the happily rolled tortilla in the oil and fry, turning until it is a lovely golden brown.

*Remove it from the oil and place on a paper towel to let it cool and drain.

*Enjoy, be prepared to make more, these are delightful

4 comments:

rajean said...

I was one of the lucky friends at said party. Had no idea we were fed food Suzanne had never made. I doubt that would have mattered. I am new to Nutella and I don't love hazelnuts. So when I say you better grab the ingredients pronto and get plenty for more, that means a lot. I like the strawberry idea too. Just in time for Easter brunch ideas. Thanks, Suzanne!

DessertForTwo said...

Glad you liked 'em! :) Thanks for linking back to me :)

Laura aka LaLaGirl said...

These were SO CRAZY GOOD - I meant it when I described them on Twitter as "Life Changing" - I can't wait to make them!

Lisa said...

These sound like a fantastic treat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your chimichangas up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html