Monday, February 22, 2010

Snowy Day toys

Colorado weather can switch from sunny and flip flops at the grocery store to freezing cold and snowing in a half an hour.

Now, I understand that many of you would think I'm crazy for wearing flip flops in 40 degree temps, you really must live here to appreciate it.

That being said, it is most confusing for a child ... One minute they are outside throwing dirt clods in the yard and the next they are being forced inside because it's bitter cold and snow is coming.


That was the case the other day, luckily I had gotten the perfect "snowy day" activity... sock puppets. Oh yea, my toddlers thought this was the coolest thing they'd ever done. They got to stick things on without making a mess and create their own little friend.



Then they ran around and pretend played for hours before it was time to eat dinner, and you guessed it, the puppets ate with them. I love educational toys like this, they really help my kids learn to play without all the bells and whistles. Many things like Melissa and Doug / Faber-Castell are perfect.

So... want another cool tidbit of information?

Grow Tree Toys - A lovely company that I work with under the Blog Sponsorship Program offered me this toy and would love to extend it's program to other bloggers. If you are interested please review the program overview.




"This product was provided as a courtesy of Growing Tree Toys for me to review."

No comments: