Thursday, September 17, 2009

Love Sick.... Not for the weak of heart....

I’ve never been Love sick, in fact I had no idea that the term even existed until I was blog surfing this morning.

How can love make you sick? How can love make your stomach ache, your heart feel like it’ll break at the next breath or you to start shaking like you haven’t eaten in days?


(Picture belong to this site)

It happens, it’s real… it’s how I’ve been this past week.

Dave and I are coming up on our one year anniversary of dating and this fact has turned my head and my heart on end. I couldn’t figure out what I was feeling, I’ve been speechless about how I feel next to him, I can’t seem to explain in words what I experience when he gives me that coy smile.

Our date nights still seem to be as they were for us in the beginning.
The first three hours is us trying to unwind from the week, and slowly… we migrate towards one another. We end up with the bedroom destroyed, sweets and nachos littering the counter and a mixed drink sweating at the edge of the counter waiting to be consumed….

Nothing has changed in that year, in fact, it’s grown.

We started jogging together last night; I’ve never jogged with anyone before. The sound of dual footfalls against the concrete, our breathing in the quiet night and a bit of conversation and most importantly… our time.

We found a moment for us, to do something, for us. I’ve never been a jogger; I just started about a month ago, and stopped… He asked me a few nights ago if we wanted to start jogging together. He asked… the man that hates to run….

I’ve changed. Not on purpose, not because he asked, because it’s what happened. I am not the same woman I used to be… that is how it’s supposed to be, I’m better than I’ve ever been.



So yes, I’m Love Sick… Thankfully there is still no cure.

4 comments:

Nydia said...

Ahh.. She's in love! :o) I love to follow your story with Dave,Lilith. We can feel the love through your words, and I do hope it will last for a long, long time, till you don't go jogging anymore, but simply slowly walk hand in hand, as fast as your 90 years old allows you to! :o)

Kisses, it would be great to be closer indeed!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

That's sweet. I've never felt that way, ever. It sounds nice. Take care.

Charlotte said...

Hey Lil,
I love this post!! And I totally get it. I, like you, never used to. But I do now. And I love it!

Stephanie said...

How fun that you jog together! My husband and I do the same thing, with our two girls in the double jogging stroller. There's something about working out with someone that is extra special.

Happy 1-year-of-dating anniversary! :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net