Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Friday, August 14, 2009

Aloha Friday - 8/14


Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:

Are there traditional gender roles that you fight against?

Example: Women cook and clean, Men do yard work. Do you do the yard work and expect your guy to clean as well?


My answer is:

Yes.. I fight it a lot. I think that there are times I fight it because it's all I know, I've always fought the "good wifey" role. It's not what it is but it's how I feel about it sometimes.

I hate the idea of cleaning, picking up clothes, doing laundry and cooking if I am the only one doing it. I also HATE the idea of doing yard work, if my guy is willing to do it, great, however, then it falls into what if the yard work doesn't need to get done? Then does he help with the indoor items?

I dunno... it's hard for me.

What if there is a party with all the kids? He wants to go "play" with the boys, am I stuck in the house conversing with people I don't know while wrangling up kids? At that point, leave me at home to play with the kids, put them to nap in their own beds and enjoy my time.

I'm not the "good wifey".... I don't play well in that area, I never have. I want some idea of equality if the doors can be opened there.

Yep.... this turned into a brainstorming session....

Hi.... Happy Aloha Friday, What are your thoughts?
Post a Comment