Monday, June 2, 2008

Weight Loss

I am convinced that Jillian Michaels hates me!

Yes, she's never met me, but she's a huge tease and calls me out JUST to see if I'll join her team of insanity. And I did.

You know how I know this? Because she put her Shred One on Comcast On Demand, so I thought.. YES.. I can do this. I can work out and get back into shape.

Tonight was the beginning of it for me. I quit smoking today (YES.. I am insane, thank you for asking, please continue my story before I realize what I just wrote! It's been three hours, luckily my lungs are still trying to recover from the trip to the abyss with Jillian Michaels leading the charge, that I don't even want one!.. I digress....)
I start working out... Oh.. Jumping jacks, it's only 32 minutes.. EASY..
NO! This woman tore me up, she ripped my body apart and is slowly rebuilding it, piece by piece, painfully, so I can't breath and so my legs say.. "YES YES... NO.. .we are leaving!"

And after my half an hour of torture, and using two flashlights as weights ( I KNOW! I need weights, I'm just kinda poor this month, perhaps for my b-day!) I crawled to the shower, scrubbed my body of the memory of the workout and finally flopped onto the futon for some relaxation.

However, It was the best workout I've ever had.
Jillian is amazing, she knows how to push you right when you are at the end of your rope. She knows what to say, and what to do for motivation. She's on! She's good... and I'd follow her into the abyss anyday!

Day one.... many more to go.

Pounds Down: 0
Weight: NOT TELLING! Yet. I wanna have pictures, so ya'll can get a reference. :)

2 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

I found your blog from the link on Fitness on Fridays. Congratulations for sticking with the workout. Is it one of her tapes that you followed?

Anonymous said...

I just recently lost 15.3 pounds ... from riding my bike a lot. And keeping off the lard. But I like lard. I like it a lot. I need to do more, better. Who needs to sleep????