Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Watchin’ What We Eat Wednesdays

I love Wordless Wednesday’s BUT, I am going to have to join my friend Lorie in Watchin’ What We Eat Wednesdays , I forgot last week, but I plan on making up for it this week!

Here is my contribution, I am all about encouraging myself and her, she has lost 54.8 pounds since January on Weight Watchers, and I think that is amazing, so I looked this up for all of us!

I want pictures of ya’ll make this!!



Fruited Spinach Salad


Fruit and spinach make an exciting combination, especially when drizzled with this sweet tasting honey vinaigrette

Dressing:

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon water1 teaspoon olive oil

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Pinch of ground nutmeg

Salad:

1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces

One can (10-1/2 ounces) mandarin oranges packed in juice, drained

1 cup fresh strawberries, halved


Combine first six ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Arrange spinach in large bowl. Top with oranges and strawberries. Pour honey mixture over top and toss to coat.

Recipe makes four servings.


Nutritional information per serving:

Calories: 90

Fat: 2g

Protein: 2g

Carbohydrate: 18g

Cholesterol: 0mg

Sodium: 72mg

Fiber: 6g
Post a Comment