Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New "Crunchy Thursday"

*I have friends who think going green is a trend.

*I have friends who get angry with me when I talk about the newest cleaning supplies I use, or the fact that I make my own furniture polish.

*I have friends who tell me, “I’m too busy to do any of that.”


Ahem…. Here are my responses.

~If it’s a trend, then what is wrong with starting one step at a time, by the time you are done outfitting your home, the “trend” will be over and you will be going against the norm.

~My furniture polish costs pennies to make… how about yours?

~I am a single mom of six kids, I work outside of the house full time, only to come home and work in the house full time. No time?? Too busy?? Give me a break.


So, I’ve decided to start a “Crunchy Thursday” blog every week! As soon as I can figure out that whole Mr. Linky thing I’ll put one up. I will need to get a button made for this anyone wanna do something for me?

Every week I am going to focus on an area that we can improve on and make a little more eco-friendly perhaps even save us some dough in energy/water conservation, I plan on using the expertise of Kyle from Lets go Green and his starter kits and knowledge for this.

So, in response to that, I’d love to find out the area’s in your life where you feel guilty. Do you use too many plastic bags for your lunch? Do you use paper plates all the time? Does your toilet run and you want to save water? Anything would be helpful, and I’ll address it all!

I look forward to seeing you on Thursday!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

We use WAY too much toilet paper in this house, but I am not sure how to stop it! : )

We reuse our plastic bags that we get from the stores, we put them in the bathrooms and the kids rooms for trash bags in their cans..But then they of course get thrown away into the trash. Is that really saving the planet? Probably not.