Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Children and their blankies

Does your child have a favorite blankie? Or just fabric?


My little Boo... Ms. Issa has a LOVE for satin. She's addicted.

For the holiday's her sister gave her a pink and brown crushed fabric blankie, with a satin trim and satin backing. She has another Winnie the pooh blankie with a satin back, and another pink one. She will NOT sleep with anything other than those blankies!


The other night I was washing her laundry and blankets. Now, my girls go to bed by 7:30 or 8pm every night and silly me put their blankets in at 7pm... Yep.. you see the error of my ways! (Rookie mistake!!)


By 7:45 when I was putting her to bed, the blankets were JUST going in the dryer. So, I tried to be coy...


First, I tried a small knitted pink blankie... Nope.

Second, I tried a large pink and brown blankie with butterflies... she shoved it away and glared at me.

Third, I tried a larger knitted blankie... again, pushed it aside to the growing mountain of blankets next to her and narrowed her eyes once again.


So, I gave her the sippy cup, smiled at her and said "I'm going to get your blankie". After sneaking out of the room (without a fuss thankfully) I made a vow NEVER to let her go without her blankies again.


She carries them with her back and forth to her sitters house every morning, she carries them around the house and goodness forbid if I give them to her little sister!! She steals them back, steals back whatever other blankies her sister has and leaves the 5 month old shivering, and to top it off, she'll steal her bottle. She's a vendictive little cuss!


What about ya'lls little ones. Do/Did they ever have anything that you never thought they'd get addicted to, but did? Binkies, blankies, stuffed critters, etc.
Post a Comment