I just found an adorable blog I’d never seen before.
Over the past year, after baby #5, I realized that frumpy clothes and messy hair was not the sign of a put together mom. (I know… 16 years later) I work hard and love being a mom, but I also like being fashionable and stylish.
So… I got my Betty Page hair cut (I’ve wanted it for years) and now I’m starting on my wardrobe. Then, I started blogging and found a TON of great blogs that are for the fashionable mom. I found one today that is wonderful and is having a great giveaway.
Lipstick to Crayons is for Mom’s that believe we can have/do it all. It’s about working on ourselves because it helps us be better moms to our kids by showing them that Mommy cares about them, and herself.
They are having a birthday party and this year is the first one! So, I’ve decided to share something’s I’ve learned and memories about birthdays over the years…
a) My mom and dad always took me to IHop for chocolate chip pancakes the morning of my birthday. Up to my 17th birthday... I still have fond memories
b) I used to eat at Mama’s pizza (A pizza place only in Texas, the best Pizza ever) every birthday meal, since I am a July baby, we would have a party by the pool at my house!
c) The most fun game at middle school birthday parties is to make bowls of jell-o, put down trash bags, make the kids trash bag smocks, pull back their hair and have a jell-o eating contest. They will talk about it for years.
d) Kid’s birthday parties never turn out like you want. Best friends will hate each other; they will cry a lot (girls), if kids even show up. Make sure to have a cool back up plan in case their friends don’t show.
e) When a baby is 1, they don’t care… make a cake you can feel good feeding them. When a blog turns 1, they care a lot!!!!
f) Just because a child has a birthday on a holiday, doesn’t mean you can’t demand people show them the same respect they expect on their day of birth! Make it special, even if that child is 35. (My daughter is born on Christmas day, I think about her birthday all year round to make sure things are special for her)
g) My favorite gift I ever gave a kid was a “date” with my son. They went to Boondocks (a place here in Colorado that has bumper boats, race cars, laser tag, etc) for the day, ate, played and just had a great time. It was a fun gift and gave them one on one time and a ton of memories.
Well… that is my birthday post.
Happy Birthday to Lipstick and Crayons, I hope ya’ll have a wonderful week/month.
To the rest of you, please go and check out the giveaway! They are having a ton of stuff and the blog is a cute one to stick on your “Read” list!
Now... For MY wish list.
If I had the chance to win anything I’d want (I’m putting my top five, why? Because it’s a hard choice, this giveaway is wonderful.)
1) Monogrammed Birthday Outfit from Avannabel Baby- Such a cute outfit for my little girl who will be 1 in January.
2) Yellow Label Kids Cupcake Assortment Toy from Avannabel Baby- Another cute item from Avennabel. I love toy food, I like to watch the girls play, feed them to their babies, etc.
3) Tralala Sweet Tulip A-line dress from Avannabel Baby- Out of this world cute dress… all girls deserve dresses that people will Oh and Ah over… this is one of them!
4) Handmade smock or dress from K Bella Bambino Designs- Handmade clothing means one of a kind. And as a mom I LOVE my daughters to stand out… this is a great way for that to happen. I would love to win a handmade dress that they can pass down to each other, and one day to their daughters!
5) Designer hair bow mystery grab bag from Butterflies and Lollipops- I just was on their site the other day and I LOVE mysteries… I had to add this to my list, I can’t resist a good surprise, and when it’s bows, you can’t go wrong!
Thanks for reading!