Wednesday, January 16, 2013

International Sportsmen's Expo is coming to Denver



Why is it that when people say, “Hey, wanna go fishing/hunting/camping?” they usually add in there, “….. you and your son.”.

What makes people think that a little girl doesn't want to go? I look at my daughters, who just like any other kid in the country, are curious. When Dave is cutting open a pheasant on the kitchen counter, they want to watch; when he kills a goose, they want a webbed foot and when they hear someone say, “We are going fishing.” They want to go as well.

So, that being said, I’m going to learn to stick poor little worms on a hook for the sake of my beautiful, curious little rustic princesses. I’m going to learn to put the canoe on the truck by myself and learn to teach my little girls how to stick their feet in the water and enjoy a quiet afternoon, fishing. (Unfortunately it won’t be with beer, which is how ALL fishing trips should be)

This weekend, I’m taking it a step further, I’m going to the International Sportsmen’s Expo - America's Premier Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Sports Show.

WHAT:   36th Annual Denver International Sportsmen’s Exposition (ISE)
ONLINE:   www.SportsExpos.com and www.Facebook.com/SportsExpos
WHEN:   January 17 – 20, 2013 
HOURS:   Thurs & Fri-noon-9p; Sat-10a-8p; Sun-10a-5p
WHERE:    Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th St., Denver 80202
PARKING:   FREE Parking & shuttles from Coors Field
TICKETS:  $15 adult; Youth under 16 enter for FREE; Active Armed Forces with Military ID
Card enter for FREE

EXHIBITORS: 500+ companies will exhibit in a single 290,000-sq.-ft. hall. At the center is the 30,000-sq.-ft Discover Fly Fishing Pavilion. 

Exhibitor categories include but are not limited to:
• Fishing & hunting outfitters & guides
• Fishing tackle & gear
• Hunting products & gear
• Fly-fishing retail
• Travel, vacations, lodges & resorts
• Boats, kayaks & marine accessories
• RVs, campers & outdoor gear
• Apparel & optics
• ATVs, motorcycles & powersports
• Mountain-home furnishings & wildlife art
• Outdoor clubs, groups & organizations
• Trucks, trailers & aftermarket accessories

So, am I going to learn to fish so I can take my daughters? Yes I am, because next time someone says, "Hey, want to go fishing?". I can say, "I'd love to come, have room for my son AND daughters?"

(All the opinions are mine and all the information is theirs. Thanks to the ISE for Media Trade)

No comments: