Thursday, October 20, 2011

Santé Nuts with Candied Walnuts


I LOVE getting packages in the mail. I love them even more when they are full of things like food, then, when the food is different flavored nuts I’m skipping around the kitchen eating them by the handful and growling at anyone who comes near them.

Okay… the skipping part might not be true…

The rest of it is… just ask my kids.

Santé Nuts came to my door in different varieties, Candied, regular and garlic.

Yes, I said Garlic… funny story, Dave’s mom and dad came over a few days later for his birthday so I set out some for everyone to try, while we had some coffee and just chatted. His dad saw the nuts, and said, “Oh… that one has seasoning on it”, so he popped the garlic almonds  in his mouth.

He hates garlic.

The look on his face was priceless.

Just means more for me!

These nuts are coated in this garlic yumminess that can’t be compared. They are wonderful eaten alone or in a simple salad.

If you are looking for a good addition to a chicken walnut salad try the candied walnuts, they were my favorite! (Shhh… don’t tell the other nuts, they get jealous). These sweet treats are perfect and taste like summer.

Go ahead and order some for yourself or for the holidays, these would be great gifts for teachers!

Santé provided free samples of their nuts for this post. My participation is voluntary and my opinions, as always, are my own.

No comments: