Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pinterest Tutorial - I am in love with a new distraction

Think of Pinterest as a virtual pinboard — places where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.
People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration, favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it.
We know you have great taste in something. Our mission is to make Pinterest the best place for you to share your taste with the world. (Taken from the Pinterest site)
It is like sharing Love in one place! I link my friends photos, ideas, food, crafts, wedding MUST HAVE’s… everything!
How to use Pinterest:

  • 1)      Log in, upper right hand corner.
  • 2)      See if you have any friends online (I am on there under Suzanne Bastien)
  • 3)      Then start looking at photos, ideas, and friends things!!


When you like a photo you can scroll over the image and three options will pop up. You can ~Repin, Comment or Like~. If you Repin it you can add a comment and then other people can repin, comment or Like it.


You can click on a picture as well before you Repin it, it will show you your album ex: Wedding Ideas and a comment section.


I don’t want it under Wedding Ideas so I will change it to the album I made called Food – My other Obsession. To change categories you hit the drop down menu and put it in a previously created album or scroll all the way down and create a new album.

Now, they also have a handy dandy “Pin It” tool to put on your tool bar so you can pin to your hearts content.

Just make sure you have Firefox, Safari, and Chrome and then just drag the link to your toolbar.

When you are on a website you can “Pin It” and it’ll give you a list of all the photos on the site to choose from, so you can show the world the things you love!

It’s Easy Peasy… remember, look me up when you get on there, I’ve got “albums” full of a variety of items.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I just came across this site and was not sure what it was about. Thanks for clarification about the site, it helped!