Friday, March 4, 2011

Earthies Wants You to Feel Lucky - Lucky Duck

Luck or fortuity is good or bad fortune in life caused by accident or chance, and attributed by some to reasons of faith or superstition, which happens beyond a person's control. (Wikipedia)



I am one of the luckiest people I know, why?

Because I think I am.

Pretty confident thoughts don’t you agree? But how could I not think that way?

*I was adopted at 2.5, as a girl, in a rural town in Texas with tons of issues like abandonment, over protectiveness and abuse that was hidden until after I was adopted... but they still loved me.

*When I was struck by a car walking across the street at 12 years old, I did not feel lucky, when they rushed me to the emergency room and put stitches in my head, I did NOT feel lucky. When the doctor told me “If you had taken another step you’d have been killed.”, I felt pretty lucky.

* When I was sitting in the hospital with my 6 year old daughter in a coma from spinal meningitis I didn’t feel very lucky, but now looking at the freshman in college she became without a single side effect, I KNOW I am.

*I was the single mother of 6 amazing children and perfectly happy remaining that way and contrary to my friends who said, “No one is going to want to date a mother of 6 kids long-term”, I found a man who welcomed the whole brood with welcome arms.

*I have a job.

*My friends online, offline and living in my home, are the greatest a girl could ask for.



Many people might not think this Healthy Choice Meal I’m eating is a lucky thing, but I’m eating... I think that makes me lucky.

I don’t know many people would think that being adopted, or going through hardships, or struggling with 6 kids to be lucky... but it taught me so much about them and myself, that I became a better person by having been blessed with a four leaf clover on my back.

You don’t believe I have one there? Well... I can’t actually see my back, so I can’t tell you for sure, but if you do look for it, don’t tell me either way.... I don’t want it to jinx me!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the Bookieboo and "Earthies Wants You to Feel Lucky" blogging program, making me eligible to win a pair of Earthies shoes and American Express Gift Cards. For more information on how you can participate, click here."

No comments: