Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy Salsa Cheese Sauce for Nachos or dipping

It is SuperBowl time! I love SuperBowl, I love the commercials, the fans, the way the players play.. it's like watching High school kids play the game of a lifetime. I'm enthralled!

As always, Dave and I sat down with a menu plan yesterday to figure out that we are going to make.

This year I chose nachos to go with all of our other foods but I wanted to make it in the crock pot so people could use the cheese for a variety of things and so the flavor had a few hours to meld together.



Spicy Salsa Cheese

Ingredients:

2 pounds Velvetta Cheese, cut up
8 oz Cream Cheese, Cut up
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 cup of salsa
Package of pepperoni slices and cut in half



Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Keep warm in slow cooker.

Tip: I thinned it out a little with Evaporated milk when needed to keep it pourable over some warm tortilla chips!



Happy Football Day!!

No comments: