Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy Salsa Cheese Sauce for Nachos or dipping

It is SuperBowl time! I love SuperBowl, I love the commercials, the fans, the way the players play.. it's like watching High school kids play the game of a lifetime. I'm enthralled!

As always, Dave and I sat down with a menu plan yesterday to figure out that we are going to make.

This year I chose nachos to go with all of our other foods but I wanted to make it in the crock pot so people could use the cheese for a variety of things and so the flavor had a few hours to meld together.

Spicy Salsa Cheese


2 pounds Velvetta Cheese, cut up
8 oz Cream Cheese, Cut up
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 cup of salsa
Package of pepperoni slices and cut in half


Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Keep warm in slow cooker.

Tip: I thinned it out a little with Evaporated milk when needed to keep it pourable over some warm tortilla chips!

Happy Football Day!!
Post a Comment