Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tie the Knot Thursday - 1/13/11

It’s a forever thing.

When the “I do’s” have been said, the dress is stored safely in it’s pretty box and all the birdseed is swept off the sidewalk for the next wedding to come through, there is something that shows the world you’ve chosen that one person to annoy love forever, your ring.



Dave and I went “ring” shopping a few months before we got engaged. Just to look, to see what I liked and what I didn’t, to see what styles looked good on me.

After three different shops, the sticker shock for me and totally changing my idea of engagement rings, we did what I’ve always thought was going to be the best option, having it custom made.



A co-worker pointed me toward a small company, locally owned in Parker, Colorado. Apex Jewelers has been open since 1965 and is almost hidden off Main Street behind a bustling McDonalds. You’d never know the treasures that are hidden within this quaint shop. The staff always greets you with a smile and the jewelry artist has stained fingers, a quirky demeanor and the ability to create a masterpiece out of a sketch.

They even took gold from old jewelry we had lying around, traded it straight across for white gold and took the price down that way. So when my parents came to town for Thanksgiving, my mother brought an old earring she didn’t want anymore, Apex Jewelers melted the gold into the ring, so now, I have a piece of my mother and father in my engagement ring… that was very important to me.

They called Dave in for the whole process, the mold viewing, the raw product and the end result. It was like watching your house be built… the creation of a marriage.

So, if you are looking for a unique piece of jewelry, a way to preserve your grandmother’s diamond earrings or a quick gift for your wife for Valentines Day (You have a month …. One month!), and live in Colorado, give them a try! This is one piece of jewelry you don’t want to hate!!!

No comments: