Saturday, January 22, 2011

Things I loved this week - 1/22

I read a lot of blogs, a lot of Facebook and always find things worth sharing.

This week I found:

When a crockpot is not simply a crockpot!

My favorite Crockpot cooking lady gave up something wonderful to do on those cold winter mornings when you don't plan on using your crockpot and the kids are playing in the snow all day!


These wedding photos taken by photographer Sarah Neal have stolen my heart!!!


Many of us know Bakerella... well she out did herself this week by showing us the CUTEST little treats for playdates/after school snacks. What do you think about Edible Snowmen?

My darling soul sister, Lisa from Crazy Adventures in Parenting and Dave's sister, Kim are both strangers to one another, however they share the same heartache and sadness tonight. It bring tears to my eyes to know that tonight they are going to bed alone, they will fall asleep in a sadness I've never experienced. They will awaken in the morning knowing their military husbands won't be coming home to them tomorrow. When a baby cries in the night they will be the ones that must get up, when a teenager gets their heart broken, they are the only parent to comfort them. Though their husbands will return home sometime, the time they lose can never be made up.

So tonight... I send them my blessings, my warmth and a part of my soul to keep them warm during the cool winter night, so that they know someone is out there grieving for them, the part- time widows of a military life.

If you want to leave Lisa a message to lift her heart, please go to her blog!!

2 comments:

Always Kara said...

Following from Bloggy Moms! I love the Crock pot apple cider Yummy!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I big, big puffy heart you, sweetie. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. How's Dave's sister doing? Give her my email if she needs anything, okay? Anything at all <3