Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 - The beginning of something new!


It is a new year!


Last night was a quiet night for my fiancee (hehehe.. I like saying that) and I. We put the kids in bed by 9pm and took a shower, watched some TV and got to be in one another's arms for the ball dropping. It was exactly as I wanted to spend the New Year.. with him whispering sweet nothings in my ear.


My New Years resolutions are pretty simple, but things that need to be done, for me and my family.


* Learn how to deal with my kids without any yelling when I need them to listen to me. I can do that right?? Not yell?


* Take one photo a day... of something, my kids, nature... myself.


* Not be so moody when it comes to Dave, sometimes I need to stop and remember that he's my sanctuary.


*Lose 20 pounds by this summer. That gives me 6 months to lose some of my overall weight in my "Shedding for the Wedding" plans!


Normally I only do one resolution and it's a big one, like I need to conquer the world in one year. it takes time and I am certain next year, one of these resolutions will be back on my list. But it's a start right?

3 comments:

alicia said...

I think that photo a day (aka project 365) is as big as saving the world. At least it was for me. lol. Good luck! And Happy New Year!

SingleMamaRants said...

Hi found you from Bloggy Moms and I'm looking forward to your post in 2011...Btw I'm looking to drop 20pds myself. Baby weight. :-) I'm heading over to your "neglected" blog as you say *smile* and folllow it as well.

Charlotte said...

Your first resolution...yelling...when you find a way, a technique that works, please share. This is something I struggle with every day.
Also...you are not alone in moodieness...we always do tend to take it out on the ones we love, because we know they will always be there. My oldest, starting to go through that tweeny stage, reminds me of this almost every day. She's the perfect kid until she gets home...and I had to look at myself to understand why :)