Friday, October 29, 2010

Aloha Friday - 10/28


Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:

When do you put up your Halloween decorations and when do you take them down?

I put mine up the second week of October. I am not a fan of doing it too early because Colorado weather is so fickle that you never know what it will do the decorations.

When do I take them down? The next day!!! By the time Halloween is over I am DONE looking at them! :)

12 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I have had my pumpkins for about a month and I'll through them away when they start to rot.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/what-makes-a-person-beautiful/

Anonymous said...

I generally try to wait until October, but I don't have a set time. I put them up when I start getting in the spirit, and try to do it gradually. They'll get taken down shortly after Halloween

Auntie E said...

We do not put up halloween decorations.
My Aloha Friday link for you

CMash said...

Don't do Halloween decorations now that the boys have turned into men and live out of state lol.
CMash

Anonymous said...

One week before Halloween, we put them up, and take them down a couple days after.

Once Upon a Twilight said...

I put them up beginning of Oct and probably take them down the Monday after Halloween

Here is our Aloha Friday!

Deni said...

We don't put up halloween decor, we put up fall things and we take it down and replace it with christmas on Black friday

Anonymous said...

We put them up the first week of October and then replace them November 1st with the Thanksgiving decorations.

Gretel said...

I put my decorations up October 1st! And take them down November 1st! You know me, I love Halloween :)

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh man, we used to go ALL out for Halloween with decorations, but the past few years we haven't really done anything much along those lines-It kind of make me sad cause that was one of my favorite parts :)

Happy Friday!

Colette S said...

I don't put up decorations for halloween. I am the candy giver.

Amy @ Coffee with the Mrs. said...

I don't put up any Halloween decorations. We live in a condo building so it really doesn't make any sense to do that. When we have a house...someday...I'd imagine that I wouldn't want the decorations up more than a couple weeks.