Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Waiting to Wait

I find myself in this strange purgatory in my life.


It feels as if I am waiting to wait….


We are immensely lucky that we both have our jobs and they are safe in this economic environment. My school district is doing cuts that are numbered in the millions of dollars and Dave’s work is shifting positions to expand their distance of demand.


With that said… we are in a holding pattern of our life.


Our time might become a bit more limited and our family life is going to shift. For the betterment of our life… perhaps… we will both be taking on new responsibilities as parents and having to learn how to cram our life with the kids into the few hours we can.


We will also have to learn how to be partners with one another on a different level. We have one of the best relationships I've ever been in, he is selfless, caring and dedicated to our family. It is not as if I'm worried about anything right now, but I don't want to ever be in the position where I would.


Getting in those few hours here and there that we can, with my non-profit that will be started in a few months, Booster club duties and being a mom and his baseball, work and being a dad… we will have to learn how to be “us”.


Date nights are a priority; we need to have that time to ourselves where we can remember why we fell in love. Going away for the weekend to a quiet place, sitting on the porch next to a river or even just camping in the backyard are things that need to become the norm if this shifts the way I think it will.



Again, I am waiting, waiting to see what will happen.


Patience has never been a virtue of mine, I’m a girl that takes a hold of something and molds it around my life, or my life around it. I’m in a holding pattern and I have no idea what I’m doing.


Luckily… I’m a focused girl, so once I put my mind to something… it happens.



So it will.

No comments: