Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mr. Handy Man

Did you know my guy could build things?

He's pretty handy to have around.

He can cook, clean, help with laundry, chop down a tree without a chainsaw, fix a vehicle, spray paint like a tagger and MAKE me presents.

We like to cook, both of us rummaging through the kitchen, listening to music, having a drink and laughing, it's one of our favorite times together.

We have a plethora of spices and one small spice cabinet. After 5 months of living together it became too much for him. He took out some wood, measured, sanded and took my 14 year old son outside to hammer and make noise.


The space before - Bare and not attractive


The framework is done


Putting up the finished product


It is done! Very pretty huh? You should see it FULL of spices!


Needless to say I'm a happy, happy woman. I can find my spices and cooking is much easier when I'm not throwing spices into the sink when they fall out of the cabinet. Now we have fresh spices on the windowsill (Rosemary and Thyme) along with our shelf of spices!

1 comment:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

What a wonderful job. It is nice being married to a man who is handy!