Tuesday, October 27, 2009

If today was the last day......

Have you found the person that you would be lost without if they died?
Do you ever wonder what you would do if you left this world and left your family behind?

I am sure we all have, we all wonder and hope that our little ones that are left behind are in good hands.

My friend Natalie from natalie’s sentiments talked about the death of a loving father in a family full of girls over the past month. He left behind six daughters… six beautiful daughters are now without a father.

That brings me to my thoughts, what would I do in her shoes? Dave and I spoke about this in bed last night, curled up around each other. I would not only lose Dave, I’d lose Jake. Even if Dave and I got married I’d still lose out on his son, the little boy that I’ve already started calling … one of the seven of my kids.



And Issa and LaLa would lose out on a man they’ve started calling Da… someone that gets hugs from them as he leaves for work. LaLa is slowly wrapping him around her finger and suddenly he’d be gone.

I can’t imagine what the family is going through, did they do/say everything they wanted to before it happened? Did they put down the laundry so they could lie in bed and talk, or forgo a healthy dinner so they could have a family movie night with pizza and popcorn?

If you could know today that your loved one would be gone tomorrow, what would you do?

*Would you spend the night telling them you love them?
*Have the kids curl up in his/her lap and talk to them?
*Would you feel relieved and hope it’s painless?
*Would you cook them their favorite dinner, use the good china and wear that lingerie you’ve been “saving”?

Do it all tonight. Why wait? What if it’s the last time you see them and all you can say is…. “I wanted to say/do…..”

Life is too fragile, too short.

There is a fund set up for The Maile family for funeral expenses. Please get the word out and extend thoughts and warmth to the loving family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

台灣處亞熱帶最適於它的繁殖,危害最嚴重的有家白蟻及大和白蟻。在每年四月至九月間,一大群白蟻集體飛出巢穴追逐(颱風或大雨來臨之前)雌雄配對後,迅速地脫落翅膀, ... 在台灣,住的房子雖多為鋼筋水泥,但早期居住的木造房子,就常受到白蟻的侵蝕。