Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's for Dinner Thursday?


What’s for Dinner Thursday?


Want to know what people are making? Go join Joanna for at This Southern Girl’s Nest and put up your recipe.

I need inspiration some nights, and this would be a great way for us all to share ideas!


I made this on Saturday for dinner at the Dave's parents house. We had a wonderful Mexican feast and this was my contribution.



Chicken Enchiladas



(This makes two pans)

1 whole chicken

Cajun Seasoning (injectable)

3 bottles of 505 Green chile

2 bags of cheese

Olives

1.) Clean out the chicken, wash it and dry it off.


2.) Inject the chicken with cajun seasoning (For flavoring)

3.) Put in the crock pot and cook on low all day


4.) Pull out the chicken, let it sit for about 30 minutes and pull meat part and set aside


5.) Heat chicken and 2 bottles of 505 together.


6.) Spoon 505 mixture into tortillas


7.) Add cheese

8.) Roll tortilla and repeat with next

9.) Each pan should hold about 8 Enchiladas


Add Cheese to the top, left over 505 mixture and olives (if desired)


Additional ingredients (Onions, Jalapenos and or peppers)


Heat until the cheese is melted.


I let these sit all day and put them in a warm oven for two hours while we all drank and talked. They were PERFECT when they came out!


This was my enchilada helper... she ate the chicken and sang to me while I made these.. oh.. and we danced.



Don't forget to save the chicken broth you had left over from the crockpot. Save this in the freezer and you can use it to make homemade chicken noodle soup this winter. Wanna know how? Stay tuned.. I'll show ya!



5 comments:

Joanna said...

Thanks for linking up! Oh my goodness that looks so good!

mrsshukra said...

Chicken enchiladas are my favorite enchiladas, thanks for the step by step!

Amanda said...

OMG that looks amazing!! I miss green chili in a way I never thought I would. I grew up in Colorado and now live in Washington where they have never even heard of green chili (I know, how could this happen???). I have tried to make my own, but it is just not the same. I will be in CO in a few weeks and may just fill the car with jars of it to bring back. Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

yum-a-roonie!

Night Owl Mama said...

What is 505 AND wow I didn't know you can put a whole chicken in the crock pot. Thanks