Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Someone's little Sweet Pea....

I fell into a strange funk tonight.

I was tired, hot and have a lot of things weighing on my mind.
-Money, teenagers, boyfriend, future, ACTs, SATs, college, parents-

And then I ran across Hannah. This is a 10 year old girl who is fighting breast cancer.
This 10 year old girl has had a mastectomy already.

I am done being tired and hot.... it's not that bad.

The things I am stressing over are not that bad. At least I am not sitting by my daughter at night wondering if I will ever walk her down the isle or witness the rosy cheeks when she shows me her first child.

Please keep Hannah in your thoughts, keep her high on your list of people you give a virtual hug to. She and her family can use the kind words, she is strong, and amazing, and next year, you better believe she will be on my list for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.

1 comment:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

We saw her on the news last night. Broke my heart. It's horrible at any age to go through something like that, but I just can't imagine being THAT young.