Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Friday, March 20, 2009

Open Letter Friday - 3/20

Polymer Clay Snails has a relatively new MeMe called Open Letter Friday.


Write a letter, to anyone. Sister, parent, crazy driver, boss who is requesting ridiculous things that make you wonder his ability to breath every day.

Here is mine for the week, I got the idea this morning, while waking up my daughter.



*********************************************************************************

Dear Dictionary.com,

Why would you not have come up with a harder word for, “No”

How about changing it to “Balthazar” or “vista”…. ?

I would have no issue saying, “Balthazar, Issa, you may not have another cookie.” OR “Vista! We do NOT hit our sister!”

Why?

Why would I want to change a word we have been using for years? Why must I rock the boat and try to be a naysayer?

My 14 month old daughter has found the word.

Because my 14 month old wakes up in the morning and says it, the whole time I am changing her diaper and getting her ready for the sitters, toddling around the house with a bottle she mutters it under her breath, eating dinner it comes out between bites of food. She says it the whole drive to her father’s house and even when I pick her up the next morning.

Apparently she has posted claim on the word, because when *I* use it on her, she cries, screams and tries to hit me. Did you give her that permission? Is this her way of copywriting this word?

Please reconsider this word, I am willing to offer up some alternatives to the short, easily repeated word so that mother’s everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief!

Would Scumodofage work?

~Mommy tired of hearing the word No~
~Mommy tired of saying the word No~
Post a Comment