Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quotable Sunday 2/23/09

Before I get started as always the rules:
~Post one or more of your favorite quotes on your blog
~Go to A Daily Dose of Toni sign mister linky with your blog name and use your quote post.
~Check back all day to go visit and leave comment love on all the other participating quoters :).


This weeks quotes are on doubt

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand Russell
I find that there are certain people who believe so fully in themselves that they will not accept the fact that they might be wrong. That their opinions might not be as true as they believe they are.... however that leads into my next quote, which contradicts this one, though both are VERY true.

Doubt whom you will, but never yourself.- Christine Bovee
I suppose there are different aspects of doubt. In this I believe it means that you can not doubt your ability to do whatever you touch in life. You can doubt aspects out of your control, but not who you are.

I show you doubt, to prove that faith exists.-Robert Browning
I suppose this is true. I must doubt the things in my life that I am uncertain about, to prove to myself that I have faith in them. I must question and debate, even if it's to myself, just to make sure that *I* know I am on the right path.

Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt.-Clarence Darrow
I want my children to question everything, including me. History is written by the winners, doubt what you read, research it, make your own opinions, not opinions passed down by me, or society. If there was no doubt, the earth would still be flat, and Columbus would have been really confused!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great quotes! Here's another one I like from Bertrand Russell:

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my
life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for
the suffering of mankind.