Friday, February 20, 2009

Get it write here Journal #15

These journal entries are from Get it Write Here. She puts up journal questions, some simple, some complex however all of them will help you think about where you are, what you appreciate and look a little deeper inside yourself.

Describe how you felt about High School or upper level schooling. Did you have a good experience?

Ha.. I made high school rough I myself. I was rebellious and did not have enough on my plate to keep me out of trouble. Don't get me wrong, I was on the U.S.Swim Team, I had great friends (most of whom were a year younger than me) and an active dating life, however I rebelled against all things that were set down by my parents and my private school.

I really disliked most of my high school days. Not because I had to, because I could.


There are several books out called "The 5 Love Languages for..."
then you can fill in the rest, either children, men, teenagers, etc. The author states that there are 5 languages in which we respond best to love. They are Physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, service, and gifts. Which language do you think you respond to?

I am physical touch. I mean.. I fall into all the categories, as we all must do, but I am physical touch. I need to feel my mate put his hand on the small of my back when he walks by, or slide a finger down my cheek when he's talking to me in bed at night. I love it when my hair is stroked or my back is rubbed, even if it's mindlessly.

When those things go away, I feel unloved. When I am intimate with someone and suddenly, they "Get a headache" or "Are just not in the mood", for months at a time, I get anxious, angry and begin to feel unattractive and unloved.


Physical Touch
Many mates feel the most loved when they receive physical contact from their partner. For a mate who speaks this love language loudly, physical touch can make or break the relationship.

Sexual intercourse makes many mates feel secure and loved in a marriage. However, it is only one dialect of physical touch. Many parts of the body are extremely sensitive to stimulation. It is important to discover how your partner not only physically responds but also psychologically responds to these touches.

It is important to learn how your mate speaks the physical touch language. Some touches are irritating and uncomfortable for your mate. Take the time to learn the touches your mate likes. They can be big acts, such as back massages or lovemaking, or little acts such as touches on the cheek or a hand on the shoulder. It’s important to learn how your mate responds to touch. That is how you will make the most of this love language.

All marriages will experience crisis. In these cases, physical touch is very important. In a crisis situation, a hug can communicate an immense amount of love for that person. A person whose primary love language is physical touch would much rather have you hold them and be silent than offer any advice.

It is important to remember that this love language is different for everyone. What type of touch makes you feel secure is not necessarily what will make your partner happy. It is important to learn each other’s dialects. That way you can make the most of your hugging, kissing, and other physical contacts.

No comments: