Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get it write here Journal (#14)

These journal entries are from Get it Write Here. She puts up journal questions, some simple, some complex however all of them will help you think about where you are, what you appreciate and look a little deeper inside yourself.

Describe a funny moment that has happened in you life recently.

My ex-husband is my best friend. We get along amazingly well and talk about everything. So he told me he was getting married, it was of little surprise. I know that situation is weird for him, however, he is doing the right thing, and he’s happy.

The next morning when he was taking our 14 year old son to school, he told him, “I am getting married to Sandra”.

My son just kind of got quiet. (Mind you, it’s 5:30am.)

So my ex asked him, “Do you think I’m stupid?”

Son: “Yes.”

Father: “Really? Why, do you think I shouldn’t marry her?”

Son: “Oh, no I think you should marry her. I just think you’re stupid.”

Oh yea… that kid has his dad’s sense of humor!


Has humor ever saved you from a bad mood? Describe it.

All the time, I am a passionate person, and that means in all areas. I have a fierce temper, and just as fierce with my sense of humor and my love. I will laugh all day if the opportunity arises, and though I am passionate, my moods are fleeting. I can be angry, hurt and upset; however, My guy has a way of suppressing those things and making me laugh.

We were having a discussion a while ago, and I felt he had dismissed my emotions on something. It was heated, I think the most heated we had gotten with one another, when he finally cocked a smile at me. It was a simple thing… however followed up with this impish look in his eyes he gets. I knew then that the discussion was going to be alright… we had gotten past the hard part and he slipped into his joking self, in which I quickly followed suit.

He has that ability, and with that humor and the rest of what we have… I’m sure it will improve the relationship over our time together!

Describe a past or present family pet. What kind of pet was/is it? How did/do you feel about this pet?

My parents bought a bird when I was a little girl. He stayed in my brother’s room and we named him Woodstock. I loved that bird, I learned to talk to him through whistles, he would nibble away my tears when I was sad and fly around the room and land on my head. I LOVED that bird. I spent hours playing and talking to Woodstock

When he was about a year old my brother and I dropped a cardboard box of Matchbox cars on him. That broke his legs, he had casts on them for a few months and we would put his food/water, etc around him until he learned to start to scoot around. He would also hook his talons into the bird cage and use his beak to move around. He was my handicapped bird that I adored! Very strong, intelligent and one of my best friends growing up.

When I moved out of the house, my father took care of him and Baby (a finch we had gotten later on, I was never very impressed with Baby.) One day my father had the cage outside cleaning it, and the left the door open. Both birds flew out and away. My father said it was a beautiful sight to see them free.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

You know what pet I will always remember, your dog Skippy. I always wished Skippy would return home. Even years later when it was clear he wouldn't. To this day Skippy will hold a special place in my heart.