Monday, February 9, 2009

Get it write here Journal #13

These journal entries are from Get it Write Here. She puts up journal questions, some simple, some complex however all of them will help you think about where you are, what you appreciate and look a little deeper inside yourself.

Question of the Day:
How do you deal with either physical or emotional pain?

Physical pain: I try to breath through.. I know if I cry it will hurt worse, it's just how my mind works. In labor I always covered my ears and my eyes.. I hate light and noise, it seems to intensify things.. mainly because I can't focus on my breathing. It is like a compartmentalization. Though, if it's a pain like.. my headache this weekend. I'm a wuss.. though I hate medicine. So I will try to sleep and/or concentrate on something else, but when it gets to the bad place I either take meds.. or succumb to the tears.

Emotional pain: I shut down. I crawl into my shell and get away from everyone. I will come out randomly, talk and cry then go back into my shell. I am a Cancer.. I need time to think, to contemplate .. Why am I upset? ... to get rid of all the BS answers and find out the core of my hurt. Once I get there, I can articulate it a lot better. Usually I find that it is a childish reason and I get over it easily.. usually...

No comments: