Monday, January 19, 2009

Get it write here Journal #9

These journal entries are from Get it Write Here. She puts up journal questions, some simple, some complex however all of them will help you think about where you are, what you appreciate and look a little deeper inside yourself.


Sunday Question

Describe what love sounds like to you.

The sound of your loved one sleeping. Be it husband, child, parent or friend. There is a trust in their sleep, they know they are safe near you. Laughter, the children laughing and playing in the other room, or finding that spare moment to play peek a boo with the baby to send her into peals of joy. My friends during my dinner parties, the loud voices, glasses clinking together and a bellow of laughter coming from another room, I've stood in the hall and listened, I love the sound of them getting the time to relax and enjoy the evening. The silence of snow, ever stood in a field alone and just listened? There is a solace that comes with being alone and loving who you are enough to accept your inner thoughts during that time. The whisper in my ear as I'm lying in his arms the few nights a week we are allowed those moments, the words he says as he's falling asleep... Love sounds like that... to me.

No comments: