Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Outside forces

My blog is public, it's a part of my life that I share with the world.

  • I have six kids
  • I am still a single mom (though I have a boyfriend now)
  • I think I'm a pretty amazing mother
  • I believe that I am one of a kind as a girlfriend.
So how is it that someone's past can come along and threaten all of that?

Someone recently reared their ugly head into MY life... when they should have stayed out of it. They questioned my ability as a mother, they questioned who I was as a person, because they are hurt. (Mind you.. I've never met this woman before.)

How do you deal with that?
I know many of you are married to, or dating men that have ex-wives... how do you deal with that? This is a foreign experience for me. OR.. hey.. .you might be like this ex-wife, how do I handle YOU?

Here are my questions... I'd love some response to this situation

  • How do you deal with the one who is still in love and hurt over the split up, when it was mutual?
  • It is not fair to end the relationship because of the person meddling, however, when you know that it will have an effect on the child of the person you are with, and on that person as well.. do you take a step back? Or do you fight it?
  • You are raised with class and know that you can't always fight dirty, though there are times when the... "Texas girl" comes out and needs to take things into her own hands.. how do you handle situations like that? Do you come out swinging or do you take the high road before you let it get outta hand?
  • I do not find that I have a place to say anything against the woman. He was married to her for 12 years, it's not right for me to speak poorly of her. Do you all agree with this? Do I have the right to say things about her?
I just don't know the right things to do on this one. I vented, I raged.. hell.. I cried in my best friends arms out of frustration. Now... I just want her to go away... and I'm thinkin' that it's not gonna happen.

So I need help ladies and gents... ! Advice... chastising... ANYTHING...
Post a Comment