Monday, November 24, 2008

A Moment for Me- 1


Shake the Salt has started a new meme called A Moment for Me.

It is a reminder that we all need to take time for ourselves, something that we as mom's tend to forget.

And I happened to actually find the time to do something for me, now, it was while my little ones were in the bathtub, splashing around next to me.

I sat down and dug through my essential oils, massage lotions and found what I've been thinking about for weeks.

Scented bath salts

Plastic container
2/3 full of salts (I used some dead sea bath salts)
A few drops of oils
Essential oils (I used a concoction called Goddess that I got at a local shop)

Shake all the ingredients together.

I got into the shower and then used the salt scrub on my face.... then washed my face with regular soap. It was amazing, my skin was totally soft and I smelled AMAZING. Then I used it on the rest of my body and decided I no longer needed all the store bought products, this was PERFECT for a relaxing night time wash.. I can't wait to use it in the tub!

With two sick babies at home.... I needed some relaxation.

What about you? What have you done lately?
Gone for a walk? Used oatmeal as a facial cleanser, wore funky socks under your jeans even though no one else could see them but you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that sounds fabulous!! Thanks for participating! :)

Christy
ShakeTheSalt.com

Summer said...

Oh, that sounds good. I need to take some me time, I might just go soak in the tub tonight.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Oh, I am SO going to start this!!!!!