Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas of Dreams- Day 3


Day Three Blog Party Question is brought to you by Appledonia, Hippos Toes and My Bag

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Not my Christmas shopping, but my Christmas stockpiling. I have been saving prizes, etc that I win for my kids. Every one has one or two things stashed in my room that will get wrapped and put under the tree or in a stocking. I will write out what they have and then shop from there.

My biggest thing will be Yule this year. It is the biggest holiday for our family and we all make homemade gifts. Last year I made everyone pillows with scented dried herbs and essential oils. They were all made depending on the person and what kind of year I thought they needed. It all worked out amazingly well. This year… baked goods!

Do you budget for the holidays?

Yes, I do, I won’t spend too much per person.

Do you always stick to your budget?

Yes, I only have so much!

Share with us any budgeting tips you may have!

Sometimes simple is better. My girls always need razors, hair dye, makeup, etc. Those are great stocking stuffers! Cologne for my son and EVERYONE gets a new pair of socks. There are simple inexpensive ways to fill their hearts; they don’t always need the high end items.

9 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

I love how you think of such practical stocking stuffers. I will have to try that when my kids get older, but right now Christmas is all about magic for them still.

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Charlotte said...

Besides my immediate family, I don't have a lot of people to buy for. I usually try to keep all other gifts, like my nieces, nephews, and techer gifts around $15-20 so I challenge myself to see what awesome things I can find without splurging. If I need a gift at the last minute for someone unexpected, I wrap up hommade cookies and treats and voila!
Crayons and a coloring book make great gifts for kids without spending much at all!

Tena said...

your right stock piling does come in handy for the things for stockings, good idea!

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

We have a budget because we have to also!!

I love how this blog party is connecting all of us! BUT I am NOT ready for the holidays to arrive!!

Check out the new Family FotoFun Friday feature on my blog~ http://dianas-daily-ramblings.blogspot.com/

Staci A said...

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one stock piling prizes for Christmas. With things being so tight for everyone, I'm excited that that'll give me a head start!

Kate said...

Homemade Christmas presents really are the best kind -- last year I made my mother a pair of quilted pillow covers and my sister a set of linen napkins embroidered with her initials. Not sure yet what I'll do this year but it's going to be fun!

Momstart said...

I like simples too

Unknown said...

if i could only think of something to get my girl's teacher!

i like your stocking stuffer ideas... although hubs *always* gets socks and underwear in his stocking! how exciting, huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm doing some baked goods this year also.