Monday, October 13, 2008

He said- Part 1

He said- Part 1

Been dating for awhile and most have been through the friend network and some form of Internet dating.

I was being set up by a friend’s wife, who enticed me to try Plenty of Fish, so that I could see what her friend looked like. Needless to say it did not work out with her friend, however I did receive a few emails from other women.

Buried in the midst was an email that stood out, funny, very witty and a wonderful surprise. I looked up the author and she appeared attractive, but I have been roasted on that before, so I responded to see if the wittiness was a fluke or worth a second look.

She replied the next day and sure enough held up her end. We swapped several emails and a date was arranged many, many days later. Seems our schedules were not fitting but there was something about her that needed to be discovered.

Then we talked on the phone…..

I found myself not caring what the clock said when I talked to her.

She had a fantastic laugh and the wittiness was not just reserved for the written word. I learned, very quickly that I was in way over my head with this girl. She was unlike my typical mold, in fact so much different that I began to second guess how good of an idea this was, but I had to know. Many times I saw the clock roll past 2:00am and I was continuously changing phones as the batteries would die.

She is so strong mentally and that was so engrossing. The days passed slowly and the conversations got deeper but never dull, I kept telling myself this was simply the discovery phase and this excited state would burn off.


Friday finally arrived......

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is incredibly intrriguing! Already we are hearing his side...Wow!!!

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.