Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh.. the Mammories!......

I did not care if I had to pay for it myself. I was getting a mammogram at 35.

I know very little about my family history. I know my maternal grandmother died from breast cancer at a young age. I wanted to make sure I didn’t leave behind my little ones.


So, Monday morning was my first mammogram of many.


Here are the key points:


*Why do they make the pieces see through? I don’t want to see my breast squished.

*Did they purposely try to pop the nipple off the breast?

*Does anyone else ever go home and have to “reshape” them?

*Anyone else want to take those robes home? FABULOUS!

*I made it a point to look at my mammogram. They are cool!


Here are some tips to make it easier:


*Relax- It’s not scary, just not nice.

*Do not wear any lotions, perfumes, etc.

*Most of the people in there are very old, it helps with the ego.

*It’s not worth it to NOT have one every year. What is it going to hurt?

*It took me 45 minutes from the time I got there, to the time I got back to work.


They are through and wonderful at this, I know which mammogram center I will go to next time.


So please, ladies, between 35-40, start up having mammograms, for no other reason than a peace of mind!

Post a Comment