Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day One: What I am looking for out of my Blog

10 Days to a Better Blog eCourse

I am not going to give out every day's questions, etc. That is pretty horrible stealing IMO, however I am going to put up a few things that pertain to me and my blog.



Here are some of the questions from the SparkPlugging e-class that I decided to take. The class is daily, they send you something to work on for the day.


******************************
Write out 5 goals you would like to achieve for your blog in the next 30 days.

*I would like to get a daily readership of 50-100 people.
*I would like to do two giveaways
*I would like to do two reviews.
*I would like to see my button on five other sites


They aren't huge goals, just enough to keep me happy during that month. I believe in starting off slowly!

******************************

Write out 5 goals you would like to achieve for your blog in the next 6 months.
*I would like to get a weekly request for blog reviews
*I will get readers by posting on Mommy Bloggers and BlogHer every day.
*I would like my blog to create revenue for my company.
*I would like to find out how to get a paid ride to BlogHer
************************************


That BlogHer thing sounds silly, however I have heard of bloggers who got paid by companies to go to BlogHer. I want to do that, I want to get interviewed by 5 Minutes for Mom, or BlogHer staff. I want to be a name that is familiar to most.

Does that sound vain? I hope not....because it's how I feel.

You know what else I'd like?
For my family to read this blog... My brother and sister, my Mom and Dad! I'd love them to see our life and how we are all living. I live 13 hours away from them, they never see me or my kids, if my siblings had one of these, I'd visit it all the time!




Ok.. that was a ramble, Thanks for asking the question Rose!

3 comments:

Jessica R. said...

Those are great goals! Good luck getting them accomplished!

I volunteered at BlogHer, that's how I got to go for free!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

YOU WENT FOR FREE???

*faints*

I sulked all weekend... Next time.. I'm gonna be prepared!

Mad Scientist Society said...

Reasonable goals. Thanks for posting the link to the class I'm totally interested and for posting your goals, very inspiring and informative. Anyway, One suggestion: put more than one post on your main page. I had to scroll way down through all those pictures and stuff to find the itty bitty archives pulldown to see if I liked your blog enough to subscribe.