Friday, December 10, 2010

New holiday tradition revolves around reading (12/09/10) - The Denver Post

I love new traditions!

I think they are important for a family, heck, many times traditions are made without me even trying.
Take the boxes of lifesavers that go into their stockings every year... how was I supposed to know they looked forward to those the most? How are THEY supposed to know what it's like to shove them into stockings??

They are traditions. Every Christmas Eve I read them "T'was the Night Before Christmas" from an old book I had when I was a kid. It's a familiar scent, the feel of the pages and the look of the art from the 1950's (when the book was written) brings me back to the butterflies of Santa showing up.

I passed yesterdays newspaper as I was half awake at 6:45 this morning trying to get some coffee in my system. I saw this article in the Denver Post and came up with a new tradition for my book loving children.


What do you think? Wanna join me??

New holiday tradition revolves around reading (12/09/10) - The Denver Post

No comments: