Do you remember your first camping trip? The smell of the campfire, the chill of the night air when you finally crawled into your sleeping bag? The sounds of the 80 other people camping next to you?
Wait… you don’t remember the other 80 people?
Well…. This weekend will be my younger children’s first “real” camping trip. And it was all thanks to the amazing people at Coleman and Colorado Mountain Mom for hosting the Coleman Great American Backyard Campout. Our family (Thanks to my darling man, Dave) won a once in a lifetime camping trip.
· A full campsite worth of Coleman gear to use at the event, and take home (Tent, sleeping bags, camping chairs, flashlights, etc)
· Horseback riding
· Meals, recipes and outdoor cooking instruction from a local celebrity chef
· Fishing instructions from a Shakespeare fishing pro fisherman
· Stargazing with an astronomer
· Live campfire sing-along with a local musician
· Guided morning hike with a delicious breakfast at the destination
· Easy ways your family can help the environment while camping from Leave No Trace
· Lots of Coleman helpers to lend a hand if you have questions about the outdoors
· Plenty of fun leisure activities, like a bean bag toss, Frisbee throwing, card games and more
This prize package is worth approximately $2,495! That’s $995 for the event itself, and $1500 worth of Coleman camping gear. Exciting, isn’t it!
The coolest part is camping with 80 other people, some of them local friends of ours and their kids. I’m so excited I could scream.
We have a calendar in the kitchen that has a countdown to the days. 5 more to go, I’m certain Friday night I’ll have to force my kids to sleep, then Dave will have to force me to shut up and go to sleep. I’ll have photos up next week and some happy kids with great stories forever!