Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nutella Party - Recipes, drinks and friends

I love chocolate, I love drinks and I love my friends.

The End.


Okay, not really, but it could end right there and I'd have said it all.

I was lucky enough to be chosen to throw a Mommy Party for Nutella today. I invited many of my friends and spent a full day cooking, preparing and taste testing the different kinds of foods, drinks and well... more hazelnut spread than I've ever had in my life.

You'd think I was tired of it? Not a chance, it was one of my favorite foods I've had the pleasure of cooking.

First of all Nutella sent this amazing woman named Connie L. Evers Child/Nutrition Consultant/Author/Speaker to attend the party here in Colorado. Our weather was perfect and this dear lady drove from Nebraska all the way here (she got up at 5am to drive). She was full of great information, funny stories and I was impressed with her ability to let us know great information about Nutella that I'd never thought of.


Did you know that the factory that makes Nutella for the US is based in Canada and it is made in a peanut free facility. Why is this important? Because Jacob is allergic to peanuts and when I feed him Nutella now, I know it's safe for him to eat. He won't have a reaction and can enjoy something I'd never considered feeding him.


  • Nutella has more than 50 hazelnuts in one jar (I think I've eaten at least a jar in the past week!)
  • It is a Gluten Free product and is kosher
  • Nutella became available in the US in the 1980's
I'd never had Nutella until a few years ago and I think I was robbed of a perfectly good treat my whole life. Can you imagine Nutella smores or Nutella cocktails?

No? Well you are in luck!

One of the favorite drinks started the morning off right!! Here is the Nutella Cocktail that I got from the Cook Almost Anything blog for World Nutella Day


Nutella Cocktail

1 cup of ice
1/2 cup of milk
2 tablespoons Nutella
30 ml Frangelico (Hazelnut liquor)
30 ml Bailey's (I used regular but caramel would be great)
30 ml Vanilla Vodka

Put all the ingredients in a blender, Blend until the consistency you desire.
I blended it until the ice was almost gone and the drink was kind of foamy.

Drink, all of it, hide it so no one else see you. It is like iced happy! 

Over the next few weeks I'll be putting up the recipes for many of the foods I made. AMAZING stuff and perfect for any time of year!!
~BSM Media sponsored this Mommy Party but all the opinions, cooking, and recipes were supplied by me~

    No comments: