Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Everything happens for a reason

“Everything happens for a reason”


I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said that to my kids, my friends and to myself while I’m walking away from a relationship or a bad job interview.


It is the one phrase that makes things better for me when I’m in doubt about myself or an action I have made.


“You never know what the fates have planned for you until you can sit back and see it for what it is”


Every job I have not gotten was because I’m supposed to be at the one I’m at. It is not the most exciting work, but it pays the bills, give my kids insurance and retirement for me is building every paycheck.


“It is okay to doubt the reasoning of the “powers that be” if you acknowledge them when the answers become clear.”


We are human and have every right to doubt what is in store for us. We can sit back and wonder if anything has our best interest in mind, other than us. However we owe it to them to give them a nod of appreciation when we understand what is happening


In my life time I’ve learned many life lessons on the idea that.. “Everything happens for a reason”…

· I was a single mom (again) at 34 and 5 months pregnant, It allowed me to take the time off I needed to start blogging, to learn to love myself and to finally date the man I’m going to marry.
· The wild spirit in me understands my kids, and I can compromise, without suffocating them or coming off controlling which only pushes them away.
· Every relationship teaches us something, an abusive boyfriend, a weak willed soul, unhealthy habits or offensive addictions. I learned what I loved in people, what I saw in myself and what to avoid. I also learned what to love, what to allow my children to see and what I can improve on in myself.


No matter the situation, good or bad, we are going to learn something from it. Make sure you take note of what it is… sometimes they are simple lessons, but lessons none the less.

1 comment:

Karen ~Georgia Angel said...

This is a great post. I, too, have those doubts. You never see it when it is happening at the time, but when you reflect on it, it is clear as day. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Hope you have a great weekend.