Monday, April 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 4/26

FOR TODAY... from Suzanne’s Daybook

Outside my window...

It is a beautiful day. The weather seemed to even itself out, melted the springtime snow and the mountains are so clear they appear magnified.

I am thinking...

about these projects at work I'd love to get finished. I have so much energy that now is a great time to work on it all.

I am thankful for...

my friends and family. I have had a fairly charmed life and I have them to thank for it. Despite the "lessons" I learned throughout, I've grown with the help of those that loved me along the way.

I am wearing...

capri jeans, a yellow shirt and long white sweater.

I am remembering...

last year's Breast Cancer walk with the guys in my life. It was a beautiful day.

I am going...

to the SOUP benefit with two of my close friends tomorrow. I am VERY excited to spend a night out with some friends to help out a great community.

I am currently reading...

nothing. I just finished Switching Time, Great book!


I am hoping...

that I can help Kara find a nice outfit for her scholarship interview on Wednesday. It needs to be cheap but still nice.


On my mind...

is Dave and his issues with work. I know that things with a sports scheduling problem arose and it's taking time away from work. It is creating an issue that is unnecessary.

Noticing that….

I am feeling better than I did yesterday. Hopefully I can even out the hormone changes and be in a better place tonight.

Pondering these words...

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media.


Really? I mean... do people seriously believe this stuff? I'm stunned by the need to blame women... Stunned.


From the kitchen...

I am grilling fish tonight, and eating healthy and light tonight. I'm ready for a change.


Around the house...

We are working on painting the exterior. The new color looks AMAZING. I can't wait to have it done, it's given the house a cottage feel and a warm entrance way. I am loving the springtime home that we've created.

One of my favorite things…

is reading. I loved having a book this weekend that I could get lost in. No internet concerns, no one bothering me because I was wandering aimlessly by. A good book, my bed and some quiet time. It was so nice.

From my picture journal...


The three teens at Prom.

Kara, Liz and Natalie.


They all came over for dinner before heading off for a fun night!





1 comment:

Nydia said...

Hi, sweetie. Right past midnight here in my side of the world, and I can't sleep, so I'm visint gmy friends. Hope everything is okay on your corner! I love your new haircut!

Kisses and love from us.