Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Project 52: Week 3

This is Week 3 of the Project 52: Wii Game Night

The day started off with the best of intentions. We were going to play Wii Friday night. All the kids were gone once again, and we had drinks planned and a wonderful night of Wii playing.




Friday I got the phone call that my mother was in the hospital. Severe vertigo and vomiting.

I went home and took a nap, waking up to spend time with Dave when he got home from work.
We made dinner, drank a little and watched a movie.. or at least attempted to.

I went to bed early, and woke up feeling horrible that I had wasted a date night.

Lesson #3: Do not assume that the world will be perfect when you want to spend a fun time with your love.

Lesson #3.1: Sometimes the greatest date nights, are those when you learn that your significant other will be your rock when all you want to do is cry.

No, date night did not go as I had planned in my head, however.... it did help me fall more in love with Dave... I realized that he knows me better than I thought and I can't imagine anyone else next to me during that time!

******************************************************************




Have you joined in the Project 52: Date Nights challenge?

Come with us and exercise your heart!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is doing better. We tried to play the Wii for week 2 and it didn't work out either. It must be the curse of the Wii. But how amazing to have that opportunity to know that your husband is your rock and there for you no matter what.

You two are amazing! Thanks for sharing your date with us!

Mande said...

Really too bad about your mom! I hope she feels better and that you guys have a nice date this next time around!