Friday, January 22, 2010

Aloha Friday - 1/22


Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:

How do you and your significant other deal with "issues" when they arise?

(This is not a fighting question, it's if things are just "off" or you haven't had the chance to talk much and things feel less than the comfortable happy that normally exists)

*Dave and I had a strange week, we were not fighting but trying to figure out how to balance the kids together. When talking about kids, we all get defensive sometimes, and there are new territories that neither of us have ever dealt with.

So finally last night, we could talk. No kids interrupting, not sippy refills... just us. We stayed up until around 3am hashing it all out, relearning how to parent... together. It's a new step, but something we needed to talk about. We are stronger for it, and I'll take the 3.5 hours of sleep I got to be a better parent, better partner and more loving person.



Have a great Friday everyone!!




6 comments:

Buffie said...

Hubby and I will try to either sit and talk after our daughter is in bed or ask my mom to watch her for a bit so we can go work things out. I feel it's just better to have these conversations when the kids aren't around.

Jackie said...

we make a point to sit down and talk - it usually happens late at night, but like you, I feel better after talking even if it means less sleep :)

Jen said...

usually late at night and i'm usually quiet and emotional until we get it resolved. i hate conflict, but it's inevitable!

kailani said...

We usually discuss it first and then do what I think is best :-)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Talking about what the problem is, is the best option. Although an occasional argument has broken out.

Twincerely,Olga said...

usually we will try to talk about it once our twinkies are in bed! Softly and kindly listening to each other! Something new that I am learning to do!I am a new follower!!Aloha!Stop by