Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All I want for Christmas - Vision Bedding Bedroom

Dave and I moved in together August 1st, my kids and I helped with the remodeling of his house so we could get all of us in there. Dave has been in this house for 10-12 years and the master bedroom needs to be redone just as much as the rest of the place.

I got help from Alycia Wicker on designing the room as I’d like to see it. A Zen Retreat. I’ve taken down the crown molding, taken down the curtains and envisioned the room as it will look when we can get the time/funds to start redecorating.


One thing at a time right?



Here are the dream design pieces.

The color palette:


The first color: Behind the bed, Accent wall.


The second color: The rest of the room


The last color: Window sills, and trim around the carpet



The drapes will look like this:

And then pillows like this:


And




Duvet that looks like this


Oh… and artwork like these!

See what I mean? Zen like right? Some great shelves, candles that help pull us into a quiet space where we can hold onto our own romantic oasis. With 7 kids in the house, we need a sanctuary.

Here is what the room looked like when I decorated it for Valentine’s Day:




Not very Zen like huh? That is why the “All I want for Christmas” contest would be a dream come true for this room! It would make the room “ours”.

I won't be selfish, head over there and check it out! The deadline is November 17th! Perhaps you can win one of the three prizes they are offering.


3 comments:

Grizzly Bear said...

Oh man I am so in love with that color pallette you chose. Beautiful. LOVE it!

Great accesories. I love the color blue you chose too.....

Good luck, I entered too.

grissell
www.stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

Oh wow...what a beautiful color palette...And THOSE pillows...They are speaking to me!

Alycia Wicker said...

That is a pretty slick color palette I chose for you, looking back on it! I can't wait to see what you do with your room!