Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn

It is a rare thing when I find myself lacking in things to say. My heart is full, my family is happy, my stomach is a little more expanded than it once was, however, I’ve settled into a comfortable rhythm of my life.

It is autumn and this time of year always helps with my feeling of contentment. I love the chill that enters my bones, because I know I will be inside, sitting next to the fire or standing in front of a stove baking.

I love the smell of baking bread or the laughter drifting from people’s windows as they entertain on the weekends. I love the changing of leaves and am thrilled when my southern friends can come up and view the beauty. (8 days until my best friend and her guy get here!)



I love my kids getting up during the cool dark mornings, shuffling around to shower, make breakfast and mutter to one another as they start to wake up.

This year my daughter and her friends are spending their last year as high school kids. They will graduate in a hail of confetti and yells next spring, this fall was especially exciting for them.

I met my guy in the fall, actually, two days from now a year ago. Our first date… I remember the cool air hitting my face as I stepped out of the car to greet him for the first time, standing outside under the ebon blanket of night, pin pricks of stars above us and him sliding his jacket over my shoulders. He was my last, first kiss I’ll ever have and the warmth of the car did not save me from the ethereal shivers I got when that first touch was made.




I love Autumn, I love how it makes me feel and the memories it holds.

Want to celebrate Fall? Join the Fall Fling!

1 comment:

Amber @ BecauseBabiesGrowUp.com said...

You have captured the emotions of fall so beautifully. Thank you for sharing and reminding me how special each moment in our life is.