Monday, August 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - August 3



For Today...



Outside my window...


it is a beautiful hot summer day, finally. I can’t say I hated my cooler temps; however it is nice to watch the girls, play in the shade of a large tree in the front yard and not have a sweater on. It’s time that July got over its confusion and started feeling like it should in August.

I am thinking...

this is how it was supposed to be, sometimes things fall into place exactly as they should. The timing between Dave and I has always been perfect, Even when we disagree.


I am thankful for...

the past that Dave and I have, and thankful that it is just that… the past.

From the kitchen...


I am in love with the fact that my kitchen has moved outside, to the beautiful new grill. I am in love with our new stainless steel beauty that tempts me to come up with new ways to make dinner, outside in the sun and the afternoon breeze. I love watching the kids outside and the scent of great food on my skin. I just started grilling when Dave and I met… I’m getting better!

I am wearing...

A mini skirt, leggings, black tank, tight black shirt, flip flips and hair in a ponytail, Oh… and the black earrings and necklace Dave bought me.

I am reading...

blogs, trying to catch up. Always!

I am hoping…

that things even out in my head over money issues.


I am creating...

a new business/blog plan in my head.

Around the house...

I finally have a design, color and set up for the master bedroom. I am excited; I can’t wait to create a romantic getaway for Dave and me. I got a wonderful bloggy mom giveaway and she designed the room. I am just beside myself on OUR room.


One of my favorite things...

Is curling up in bed and talking to Dave, it is getting much easier to open up to him.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

finish unpacking the girls room, find a dresser for them (even if I have to re-paint it), get groceries and spend some time with Jake.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You made it! I'm glad you're all moved in. We're still only about 1/2 unpacked, but we're getting there. we want pics when you finish your bedroom--I need some ideas for mine!:0)

Stephanie said...

Nice grill. :)

Isn't grilling the best? We just grilled tonight, in fact: Steak Skewers with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce. Yum!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Great grill! It really sound like things are settling in nicely and you're in a good place. I'm really happy for you, and wish you lots of great times and peace in the future. =)