Friday, August 7, 2009

Aloha Friday - 8/07


Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So thought that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, she asks a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.


If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and go to An Island Life to leave a link. However, don't forget to ANSWER my question first!!


What is the one thing you unpack first when you move?


I really need to have the main rooms in my house done. I really hate to walk into the house and feel like it's a mess.

Right now there is a window seat that needs to be cleaned off, it will be done by Sunday! I want to sit, sip peach drinks with Dave and talk for a while.


Your turn!!



14 comments:

Deb said...

Bedding. I learned the hard way that making up the bed is the last thing you want to do after a long day of moving.

I am Harriet said...

Bathroom stuff like tp and soap.
Then comes the cleaning supplies.
Have a great Friday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/john-hughes-dead-at-59-aloha.html

Miranda said...

I have moved 6 times in the last 4 years. When I moved to Vegas I put everything in storage and just brought a couple of suit cases with me. I thought I'd bring everything up a month later. But never did. So for 8 months I lived on only what I brought with me. Amazing what you find you can and can't live with out.
When I got to DC I had all my stuff that had been in storage for so long. It was completely surreal to unpack all that. The first box I wanted to open was the box with all my photos.

-Mandy

Anonymous said...

First is bathroom stuff, then bedding, and next I make the living room as perfect as I can. That way if anyone comes over to help us move in, or to welcome us, it looks like we've got our lives in order!

Anonymous said...

The Coffeemaker so I have energy to do all the rest.

... said...

i'd have to agree with everyone on the bedding and bathroom stuff. once i get past that, it's the basic kitchen things.

sues2u2 said...

Sheets, towels & then the kitchen. If I can find drinks & make a meal, shower & then go to sleep I feel like a much happier person throughout the whole process.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Cleaning supplies and toilet paper are essentials before taking everything else out.

AudreyO said...

Computers. The last thing to get packed and the first thing to get unpacked.

janetfaye said...

I would probably unpack kitchen items first.

Becca said...

After the basics like bedding, the kitchen. There is nothing worse than a house without silverware!

Debra said...

Probably the kitchen stuff. But I start first with a great cleaning and lining all the shelves with paper. When I moved into this house I scrubbed everything for a whole day before I unpacked a single thing. Whew - I must have been tired.

kailani said...

Probably the bedroom. After all that moving, I'd be pretty tired!

Anonymous said...

the kitchen stuff always comes first. followed by the bedroom and the bathroom,