Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walking in Pink


It is that time of year again.

Crisp Spring mornings are coming, hordes of women will be filing into Washington park making it look like a Pepto Bismol bottle exploded... or the American version of 99 Red Balloons.... to 150K pink balloons.

On April 26th I will be walking (Hopefully with 1 or more of my daughters, and anyone else who is coming to join... ~HintHint~ my Colorado friends. Men, women and children are allowed to come and walk, and are quite welcome!) for the American Cancer Society as the leader of the team named: Pink Lily.

As some of you know, this past year I had a scare with a lump in my right breast that ended in a biopsy and wonderful news of it being benign. I knew at a young age that I would start getting tested at age 35, and I am very thankful I did, with a family full of cancers, there is no reason not to have early detection and easier destruction of the cancer.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer are always needing donations for the cause. And of course, by raising money to support the American Cancer Society fight against breast cancer, they help fund groundbreaking research, public awareness campaigns, efforts to ensure all women have access to mammograms, and free programs and services that improve the quality of life for patients and their families. Over 50 million was raised by walkers last year, it was done one walker at a time.

Please go and view my personal page or my team page through the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, you can leave me a note, donate, or just see who I am walking for! (Margelina and Toni, make sure you both go and visit!)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

You go girl! Walk, walk and walk some more! Great cause.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlotte said...

Oh,Lilith...Thank You!! Totally made me cry when I read that! I donated, and am sending your link to everyone I know! You are amazing and wonderful, and if Icould be there I would walk beside you...but I'll be there in spirit. You are an amazing example to your daughters...they are truly blessed...and so am I to have met you.